How do you keep your energy up?
I believe in eating whole food, balanced meals three times a day as the best way to keep putting good clean gas into your car!! I believe it through experience too!
The better I eat, the better I feel.
The moment I eat off my plan I can see the downward spiral of a cycle starting. Where my body feels sluggish, my head is fuzzy and then I have an ‘excuse’ to continue to eat crappy…Where I start to eat to relieve the pain. Do you do this too? To stop yourself from having to deal with an emotional pain or even physical pain do you eat until you are in pain? If so, you may want to start a food journal and see how the food you eat affects your mood and vice versa!!
Let’s move onto what a balanced meal can entail!!
You maybe asking yourself what is a balanced meal?
It’s where your plate has protein, fibre, veggies and a healthy fat!! I love that we have been promoting this way for years and now the Canadian food guide is on board too!
Let’s break this down:
- Let’s say you are making your own nourish bowl or Buddha bowl!
- You would start with 1 serving of grains – half a cup of quinoa or half of a sweet potato.
- You would move on to add 1 serving of lean protein – 4oz of fish, chicken or one cup of beans, lentils or cottage cheese.
- Then add in 2 servings of veggies – one cup of chopped colourful veggies with two cups of kale, spinach or broccoli slaw!
- Lastly you move onto the healthy fat! 1 serving equals a quarter of avocado, 2 TBSP of nuts or seeds, 1 TBSP of Epicure salad dressing or pesto!
- To complete the meal, add in half a cup of fruit!!
Give this a try and see how your energy grows!!
Looking for more meal ideas? Want to have a whole week’s worth of meals in your inbox every week? Join my Fired-up Meal plan Program today!!
Comments will be approved before showing up.