Journaling can work wonders. It's such a simple thing to do, and when you do it consistently, you can gain so many amazing benefits from putting pen to paper.
I remember as a little girl how excited I was to get my very first diary, I was 7 or 8 years old. It was a little white book with a unicorn on the front, rainbow colored pages and a lock for privacy of course, because at that age I had top secret info. that not another soul should have access too.
I remember not having many friends I could relate to, so I wrote in my journal. I even wrote out my own alphabet and started writing in my own symbolic language but it didn't stick. I loved the idea of having a book where I could write whatever I thought or felt and it was for my eyes only.
From there I continued to write in diaries & journals, I never stopped, there was never a time in my life when I didn't have something I was writing in, even if it meant a device to pull out and type out my thoughts in the middle of the night.
I have a natural tendency to be intentional with my writing, what would prompt me to write in my teens was the inner turmoil I was experiencing and the epiphanies that came from learning the hard way. I would then jot it down as a time stamp of the moment I experienced a personal revelation.
As I continued to evolve as a soul, so did my journaling practice and I realized that I was channeling information through my writing. Journaling is a sacred practice for me and has become an integral part of my path to self-mastery.
I would love to share my thoughts & experience on how journaling can help individuals on a deeper level.
1. When we consciously make time to journal, we are signaling to our brain that we are putting ourselves first by removing distractions & giving ourselves a clean canvas to express our thoughts. This act is calming because there are fewer stimuli, which means you're not having to constantly react and you can focus in on one thing, putting pen to paper.
2. Prioritizing time for yourself to journal will also help you feel at ease because it gives you an outlet to "mind dump". I find this is particularly helpful before bed or when you need to move on to a new task that requires critical thinking. When you're able to get your thoughts out on paper, you're releasing that energy and you will actually feel lighter with a clearer mind.
3. The act of writing can put you into a trance like state, this is often when one would experience intuitive writing or subconscious writing, this type of writing might not always make sense when you read it, but over time you may find some golden nuggets scattered throughout your diary pages.
4. When you are journaling with expressive writing, you are allowing your emotions to flow out of you which can help you regulate your emotions, become more conscious of your triggers and strengthen your emotional intelligence as a result. Of course, this takes your willingness to grow, adapt & implement lessons you've learned and nothing is a guarantee just because you journal.
5. Journaling can be an effective way to reduce stress. Writing your thoughts & feelings in an open, honest and expressive way can help you gain more clarity, understand the root cause of your issues & help you let go of the past so you can move forward with a more positive outlook. The fact that journaling can contribute to stress reduction also means that this will help boost your immune system making you more resilient.
6. Last but certainly not least, journaling can help you improve your writing and communication skills. This is a gift to yourself and others because this could mean your personal and professional relationships will be enriched by your ability to communicate your thoughts & feelings in a healthy and concise manner.
I hope I was able to inspire you to start your own journaling practice or fuel your fire to continue doing what you're doing.
Just remember to be gentle with yourself no matter where you are on your path. There is no right or wrong when it comes to journaling and this practice should support your personal growth.
Thể Oanh pronounced like Tey'One or Oanh 'ONE' for short, is an Oracle who serves as a Spiritual Guide, Image Consultant & Multidimensional Transformation Coach. She helps her clients gain unwavering confidence to consciously create a balanced life they love by becoming Spiritually aligned, looking sophisticated & feeling sexy. Oanh is Vancouver's new HHW Branch Director.
Connect with her today:
Comments will be approved before showing up.