Last month we spoke about supporting our immune system. This month we’re speaking about how sugar wreaks havoc on our immunity and is slowly killing us. It sounds harsh but I am committed to sharing the truth about why you experience fatigue, extra weight, cravings, hormone imbalance, common symptoms in the body that most people believe is “part of aging”.
Our body has the ability to regenerate by what we eat and how we live our life through our thoughts, movement, food choices, stress management and the natural tools available to support cellular health and prevent disease.
Sugar is just one of those substances that damages and causes disastrous things inside our body, and affects almost every organ not just your immune system. Crazy, right?!
One fact that is worth sharing is that 1 tsp of sugar shuts the immune system down for up to 6 hours. If you think about all the forms that sugar comes in this could be hours and hours at a time.
So how can we make this shift with ease and grace? I’m glad you asked….
1. Recognize that sugar comes in many forms and is not always labelled “sugar” but hidden under other names that end in “ose” (like Fructose). They also come in the form of carbohydrates. White foods like flour, pasta, bread, crackers, it all digests into sugar.
2. Ensure proper mineral supplementation. When you are deficient in minerals you are more likely to crave because your body is missing nutrients (especially minerals which our soil is depleted).
3. Swap refined sugars for natural sugars like coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, honey, Lakanto or Monk fruit (very low glycemic). These are the sweeteners I have in my house.
4. Women should not exceed more than 6 teaspoons of sugar daily (25 grams). Even if you don’t add sugar to your day or you’re not eating donuts, cookies, etc keep in mind the foods that metabolize into sugar and have the same effect.
Use cinnamon to balance blood sugar.
5. Cinnamon is great to use daily and can even curb cravings.
Please grab your Free Immune Guide for a stronger healthier season here.
Holistic Nutritionist, Natural Health Educator & Essential Oil Educator
Kristen is a mom of 3 and has been privileged to work in the wellness industry for the last 25 years. She has a passion for working with women with busy lives to guide them into becoming their own health advocates. They are free’d from excess weight, fatigue, cravings, imbalanced hormones and feeling 10-15 years older. Kristen puts the ease and fun back into making her health a priority as she becomes the CEO of her wellness.
Youtube @Kristen Owens
Comments will be approved before showing up.