One of my biggest tips for those looking to make meal prep easier, is to shop at Home!
No I don’t mean online shopping. I mean actually gathering your ingredients to make a delicious meal, but to do so, you'll need a stocked pantry, which is easy enough to accomplish.
I am a big believer in having items in your pantry that you can easily create a meal for when you didn’t get to the store either for yourself or when you have guests over!
We have all been there…
Home from a trip and the fridge is empty…
The day before getting groceries…
Guests drop by and you didn’t have time to make anything…
Now you might just order in or run out for take-away!! I say try stocking up on some simple staples!! When I speak staples I mean more than flour and olive oil!
1. Cans of Black, White, kidney or chickpeas
You can add any one of these beans to a sauce or salad to give you fibre, protein and vitamins when you don’t have fresh produce available.
2. Olives are perfect for a quick snack as Tapenade.
3. Coconut milk for your one pot wonders or making a rich pudding!
5. Lentils – keep on hand the small lentils as they cook faster and even can dissolved into the meal you are making
6. Spices and seasonings – These make great idea creators too!
For example I keep a basket full of Epicure’s meal solutions on hand to give me ideas for the ingredients I have. One of favourites is this Butter chicken. All you need is a can of beans, coconut milk and some frozen veggies. Dinner would be ready in less than 10 minutes.
Comments will be approved before showing up.