I just celebrated my 3rd full year as a vegan - and I've been reflecting on all the amazing change that has taken place as a result. While the changes have affected every area of my life, I thought I would share 7 HUGE differences the change has made in my body alone. Can you relate to any of these?
1. Inflammation dropped away and the shape of my body totally changed. This was a change I started to notice right away. It was as though my body was saying "Thanks for giving me more of what I need and less of what I don't. I can be ME!"
2. My hair grew back. For a long time, I carried an embarrassing bald spot on the top of my head. My hair was thinning and I knew it was hormonal, but nothing I tried worked...until I stopped eating meat and dairy and started filling up my plate with more nutrients. My hair is thicker now than it's ever been.
3. Menstrual Cramps disappeared! I'm 100% serious.
4. My skin cleared up. Face and body. Healthier, softer, clearer skin.
5. My digestion improved. I used to not feel well a LOT. Tummy trouble was a normal occurrence and I just thought ...."meh, it happens to all of us". Truth is - meat and dairy are REALLY hard on our digestion and our body will often let us know it's not happy.
6. I sleep like a baby and am energized like a bunny! I can accomplish a LOT in a day, and thank goodness because - big goals...but my sleep is soooo much better too.
7. Mental clarity. Say goodbye to brain fog and hello to clear, intuitive, inspired action. Eating closer to the earth means you get your head out of the clouds and become so very grounded.
Like all things, these changes didn't happen overnight - but I truthfully wasn't expecting them to happen at all. I got so used to the way I was feeling, I didn't know any different...and I'm so so glad I listened to the nudge.
Where are you on your health journey? Ever thought about adopting a more plant based life? Maybe you've been vegan for years too? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Get in touch if you're looking to dive a little deeper into what plant based living can mean for you!
Natalie Colalillo is the founder and CEO of Happy Healthy Women, a global collective of women entrepreneurs who see happiness, health and success as one full circle. Her heart's calling lies in bringing amazing women together and empowering them to step into their greatness. With over 20 years of experience in both wellness and business, Natalie is also a Plant-based Lifestyle & Business Coach specializing in empowering Solopreneurs to establish and succeed in their dream business. Starting Happy Healthy Women and coaching others to success has been the most fulfilling of her projects, as she feels fortunate to work with such incredible women who are living their dreams and changing lives.
Comments will be approved before showing up.